Thursday, May 16, 2013

T.G.I.F.F. - Hostess with the Mostest - or Leastest?

Oh my goodness.....it's Friday again!  I'm very excited to be hosting T.G.I.F.F. today!  I can literally say "Thank God it's Finished Friday!"  Not just in a quilty project kind of way, but in a "what a hideous week" kind of way too!

Apart from cushion covers (yes, I'm stillllll goingggggg) I have only managed to get some bee blocks finished.  All in one day.  Yesterday.

These first four are for our May Queen in QCA Bee #5.  She gave us a tutorial for these gorgeous butterflies.  She struggles with some health problems and wants to make a quilt for her young daughter with inspirational and lovely sayings on them.  I think it's such a sweet idea!  You all know I have an aversion to hand sewing, so when I'd finished the blocks, I popped some veriegated thread in the machine and did some free motion script.  I chose the four words I think are most inspirational.  I hope the Queen Bee loves them!





The next four blocks are for the X and + bee I am in over at Patti's Blog.  I made my first X and + a few weeks ago, which was great fun, so decided this time round I would get four done at once.  What I love best about these blocks is that it is teaching me to just let go a little.  There's nothing "matchy matchy" about these!  I literally got out a whole bunch of scraps and randomly cut the required squares and went to town!  And I really like them.


Nothing else to see here.....BUT....please share with me and everyone else YOUR finishes for the week by adding your link at the bottom of this post.  Try and pop in to all the other fabulous finishes and spread the love!  You never know - you may just find (well, i bet you will) some new wonderful blogs to read!  Please include a link and/or button for TGIFF!


 Loading InLinkz ...

11 comments:

  1. Love the x and + blocks you have done so good girl!!! I'm really glad it isn't Friday here though because it's Thursday afternoon, and thanks for mentioning my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks! Such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, x/+ blocks are so pretty! Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks Midge! Thanks for hosting :) I linked up my modest TGIFF xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet butterflies and I love all the scrappy, color goodness in your x/+ blocks!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet butterflies and I love all the scrappy, color goodness in your x/+ blocks!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your version of "hand quilting". Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those x+ blocks are amazing! I love them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These two of my favourite blocks! They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im trying to link up but it say's it's closed, it's still Friday here only 7.23 :( http://www.pippaspatch.com/2013/05/tgiff.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...